CEQA Guide to Air Quality Assessment
The CEQA Guide is provided electronically only and separated into electronic files by chapter and appendices. This format allows the AQMD to easily update portions of the CEQA Guide as necessary without having to update the entire document.
March 2016, Title Page and Table of Contents updated along with Chapters 1 and 2.
February 2016, Chapter 6 revised to reflect the California Supreme Court decision on Newhall Ranch and analysis guidance removed.
December 2015, Air monitoring site map updated in Chapter 1.
June 2015, Chapters 1, 2, 3, 4, 6, 8 and 9 have been updated to reflect the new particulate matter (PM) thresholds and to provide greenhouse gas (GHG) construction screening guidance.
November 2014, Chapters 1, 2, 4, 6, 8 and 9 updated to reflect GHG thresholds adoption, PM attainment status changes and guidance for operational air quality mitigation plans.
June 2014, Website links updated in all chapters.
October 2013, Updated Chapter 3 Enhanced Exhaust Control Practices
August 2013, Added Operational Screening Table in Chapter 4.
July 2013, Updated PM dispersion modeling appendix in Chapter 3.
June 2013, Chapter 3 was revised to remove hyperlinks to the construction NOx screening table that is no longer applicable.
April 2013, Chapters 3, 4 and 6 were revised to include CalEEMod. Related appendices were removed or updated.
May/June 2011, web links were updated in all chapters.
April 2011, Chapters 6 and 9 were revised to account for amendments to the State CEQA Guidelines and the release of CAPCOA's GHG mitigation measures technical document and the CalEEMod emissions model.
September 2010, chapter 3 and 6 appendices regarding control practices were updated.
CEQA Guide Chapters
- Title Page and Table of Contents (PDF)
- Chapter 1. Introduction and Air Quality
- Air Monitoring Stations (PDF)
- Chapter 2. Environmental Review and Thresholds of Significance
- Thresholds Table (PDF)
- Chapter 3. Construction-Generated Emissions of Criteria Air Pollutants (PDF)
- Chapter 4. Operational Emissions of Criteria Air Pollutant and Precursor Emissions (PDF)
- Chapter 5. TAC Emissions (Toxic Air Contaminants) (PDF)
- Chapter 6. Greenhouse Gas Emissions (PDF)
- Chapter 7. Odors (PDF)
- Chapter 8. Cumulative Air Quality Impacts (PDF)
- Chapter 9. Program-Level Analysis of General and Area Plans (PDF)