- Truck Application Period is currently open September 24 to November 20, 2015
- TRU Application Period is currently open November 6 to December 11, 2015
- Locomotive Application Period is currently open November 6 to January 15, 2016
What is GMERP?
The Goods Movement Emission Reduction Program (GMERP) is an incentive program sponsored by a $1 billion state bond measure Proposition 1B passed by voters in 2006. The Air Resources Board (ARB) and the Sacramento Metropolitan Air Quality Management District (SMAQMD) are program partners offering assistance to owners and operators of on-road heavy-duty vehicles and locomotives with the purchase of newer emission equipment and technologies. The goal of the program is to improve public health by reducing pollution associated with diesel emissions from goods movement throughout the state of California.
Goods Movement Emission Reduction Program Status:
Year 5 funding is available in the Sacramento region for truck repowers and replacements, transport refrigeration units (TRU), locomotives, electric charging stations and hydrogen fueling units, and electrification infrastructure projects. The Air Resources Board approved approximately:
- $3 million for the truck associated projects,
- $300,000 for transportation refrigeration units, and
- $10 million for locomotive purchases.
How to Apply for Grant Funds:
Use the links on the right side of this webpage for the application material.
Helpful application tips in the PDF above ‘October 7, 2015 Application Workshop Presentation’.
Please contact Heather E. Taylor or Kristian Damkier if applying for the following types of projects:
- Three-Way Truck Transaction (All Fleets and Small Fleet Only)
- Truck Stop Electrification Infrastructure
- Electric Charging Stations or Hydrogen Fueling Units
Air District Contacts