print logo
Main Content Anchor

Prescribed Burning

Prescribed burning or controlled burning is conducted by trained personnel to meet specific objectives such as resource management benefits, fire personnel training, or fire hazard reduction. For prescribed burns, you must submit a smoke management plan through the California Air Resources Board's Prescribed Fire Information Reporting System (link). Prescribed burns are also required to obtain an agricultural burn permit from the Sac Metro Air District.

Burn Day Status: 

  • To check the Ag burn day status call 279-972-BURN(2876)
  • E-mail with questions

Rules that Apply:

Supporting Page
Back to Top